Spiral Welding is a process of restoring worn or damaged equipment, eliminating the need to buy new equipment. Pump Group can carry out spiral welding on shafts and other equipment that is worn or damaged, but not beyond economical repair. This service saves both time and money for the customer.
Spiral Welding can be used on a large variety of materials, including;
- Stainless Steels
- Chromium Steels
- Inconel 625
Advantages of Spiral Welding;
- Cheaper than manufacturing new equipment
- Faster turnaround time compared to manufacturing new equipment
- Increased Weldability
- Higher Strength Materials can be used
- Greater Rigidity achieved at reduced wall thicknesses
- Low Weld Dilution at Boundary
- Low Metallurgical Change – minimal effect on material past 3mm deep.
For more information on how Pump Supply & Repair Group can use spiral welding to help you, please call our Office on 0161 864 4678